Thank you suburbanhobo.com for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I accept this challenge.
1) Thank the person who nominated you.
2) Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
3) Nominate 11 other bloggers and let them know they were nominated.
4) Ask the nominees 11 questions.
- What is your most vivid memory of childhood, good or bad?When my I was 6, my mother was diagnosed with cancer – I spent the next 3 years watching the illness and treatments take a bit of her away.
- Do you have any pets?I claim 3 fur-babies: Mr. M a geriatric tuxedo cat, Ms. Purrseidon, a kitten who was meant to be Mr. M’s companion (but her water obsession horrifies him); Saphera, a puppy, who was found running by the interstate.
- Who is your favorite comedian / comedienne?Jeff Dunham
- Mountains or seaside?Tough one! I’ve lived both places and loved both…. this is embarrassing to admit, but Ms. Purrseidon likes water better than I do. So, I think I liked the mountains just a little bit better.
- What book / books made a lasting impression on you?I read Gone With the Wind in 3rd grade and fell in love with the written word, so that was the first, but there have been many others since then.
- Do you have a room with a view?At the moment, no, but I do have a very cluttered office.
- Are you politically inclined? (no pressure here, needn’t answer)Not really. IMHO, less is better, so I would love to see the government overhauled and streamlined to cut out waste of money. I don’t see that happening, soon, do you?
- Any causes you support or believe in?Education.
- What really pisses you off?Many times, I feel the news reports, which sensationalize certain crimes and issues, make the situation worse because too many want ‘their 15 seconds of fame’.
- What makes you smile?Kindness, silliness, as long as it isn’t mean-spirited.
- Why did you start blogging?I wanted to counter-balance all the negativity I see in the news. I know my little blog isn’t much, but hope that I make someone smile.
1. All super heroes have their mild-mannered secret identity, what is yours?
2. What is your favorite game?
3. If location and money were immaterial and you could live anywhere, where would that be?
4. If you could relive your life, would you make any changes? If yes, what?
5. What would your ideal meal be and who would you share it with?
6. What’s in store for you in the future? Do you have any big projects on the horizon?
7. What/who was your all-time favorite pet?
8. If you had the power to change the world, what would you do?
9. What has been your best/most memorable experience along the way?
10. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
11. All super heroes have a special power, what is yours?
My nominees: I plan to nominate you for the Sunshine Blogger Award. … Will post, tomorrow.