Until I found this on Pinterest, I had no idea how common it was for dogs to share one’s bed. The one time a dog hopped in with me (grade school) was at a friend’s house… it was winter and there was an electric blanket on the bed… Long story short: the dog landed on the bed and scratched a bit; there was a spark and within minutes, flames… very scary. The fire was put out, with the blanket being the only casualty. The dog’s fur was singed, so she never, ever jumped on a bed, again.
And, I have never, ever tried to sleep with a dog OR an electric blanket since that experience.
This info-graphic has plenty of other fun facts. Hope you enjoy them and have a great day.